Friday, February 4, 2011

Harakeke - Judith

Happy New Year everyone, well I'm hoping it is for you all.  I've been following the news of the happenings in Australia and hope you are all safe and have not suffered damage or loss.

Sorry Anna this is a day or two late but I had so much fun making this quilt I just didn’t want to rush it. 

At present I’m trying to combine three interests into my quilting, photography, Photoshop and thread painting.  I find it all absorbing to see how the different threads and colours add depth to the printed image and bring it alive.  I hope it gives you as much pleasure as it has given me while making it.

As for “Through the Window” with a BIG stretch of your imagination you could be viewing the Harakeke (New Zealand Flax) flowers through an opening in a stone wall.   Yeh right!



No comments:

Post a Comment