Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm Late

I don't remember what I was looking for, but one day at my bookshelf I found my illustrated "Alice in Wonderland".  As I flipped through it I found the classic drawing of the White Rabbit with his gold watch and chain and saying "oh dear, Oh dear, I shall be late."  It was this that turned my thoughts to Time as a theme for our little quilts.  Before we had children we were always on time for everything, then with the chaos that was inevitable with two small boys we never seemed to make it!  Now they are all grown up there just seems to be so much to do that time is a very precious commodity, rapidly running out.

An  internet search revealed that John Tenniel's drawings are no longer copyright, so here is my White Rabbit, running late, lifted directly from my illustrated "Alice".

Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment