Monday, January 30, 2012

Flora, the Bernina Cow!

This one really stretched the little grey cells.  Remember "I can't believe it's not butter"?  It was a product and advertising campaign by the makers of Flora margarine.  I was going to draw a tub of margarine but that seemed a little dull,  then one  day when I sat down to sew I had an inspiration!  One of the background images for wall paper on my Bernina screen is a cow - there is also edelweiss and the alps, very Swiss.  So, I thought, I need a cow to say "I can't believe it's not butter."  But then it occurred to me that Lorraine uses a Pfaff sewing machine, so just for her Flora corrects herself and says, "I can't believe it's not Bernina."

Sorry, Lorraine.  It is a bit round about, but it was fun!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment