Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Polly Circus - Kay

Many apologies for the late contribution, but while I should have been working on it, Bill and I were enjoying a lovely holiday in London and Cornwall (it was freezing!) and on our return there were some big family issues which had to come first.

While I was in London I took many photographs of Picadilly Circus - it seemed to be the obvious choice of topic.  However, when we arrived home the behaviour of our federal politicians sent my brain even further into left field! For the benefit of our New Zealand members, they were engaged in a "faux" leadership challenge and were so busy trying to stab each other in the back that the commentators labeled it a political circus.

So here is the "Polly Circus", with the politicians, otherwise known as pollies, with the Australian penchant for shortening names, and of course, polly is another name for a cocky.  Our national capital is represented by the concentric circles of its design (one can get lost for days driving around in circles) surrounded by colours of the Australian landscape.   In the centre, with its manicured lawns is Parliament House which has morphed into a circus tent.  The Pollies are circling, with knives drawn.

It is a long way out there, but it certainly exercised my brain.  I hope you enjoy it.

Kay



No comments:

Post a Comment