Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Red Sails in the Sunset by Kerry




Red sails in the sunset, way out on the sea
Oh, carry my loved one home safely to me
She sailed at the dawning, all day I've been blue
Red sails in the sunset, I'm trusting in you

My husband and I have sailed yachts over the years and this song comes to mind in the evenings while enjoying good company and a wine or two.
I used Dye na Flow to paint the background and appliqued the yacht.

So many years have passed since we started this lovely challenge group I know that it has been enjoyed by all those participating. Especially me as I have evolved as a quilt artist over this time and it has allowed me to try new techniques.Of course we will all meet again. Thank you Deb and Pam for your organising skills they have kept us on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment