Friday, January 28, 2011

Through the window and Jump to Light Speed

“Through the Window” presented me with a dilemma.  Was Anna looking for insights into our lives and homes, such as what is outside the dining room window, or was she perhaps wondering about the workings of our minds, in the “Alice Through the Looking Glass” sense?
I thought this over and outside my dining room window the fountain, surrounded by woolly bushes and bottle brushes looks lovely at this time of year.  But I know how to take a photo and make a little appliqued picture so I decided to think laterally and attempt something new.
I seemed to remember from my university days that Einstein made some remarks about what would happen if one flew out the window at the speed of light, but I couldn’t recall exactly what he said and I no longer have the books.  However, this thought led me to the “Star Tours” ride at Disneyland,  where passengers sit in a “space craft”, piloted by R2D2 and C3PO,  and watch through the front wind screen as they are hurtled through space and make the jump to “light speed”.
So here is my little quilt.  It is called “Through the Window and Jump to Light Speed”.  I hope you like it.  If nothing else, it made my husband laugh!
Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment