Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Through the window - bay view" Stitched by Margie for Anna


My starting point was "a room with a view" - I thought I'd do a landscape with a grid through it as the window frame. But it is summer so I thought a seascape more appropriate and  I based my image on a photograph of Corio Bay near Geelong. I've used the image before with sailboats - so for a new look I put a flowerpot on the windowsill. And then I used the traditional attic window pattern to frame the view and added a cheery striped blind.
I do enjoy these challenges and look forward to reading what Deb has in store for us. Margie
Posted early 'cos I've spent all day trying to edit and save my picture and not being able to attach an image as a word document and I could lose the plot any moment now!

No comments:

Post a Comment