I have collections of all sorts of things, so it was hard to choose! This one is probably a bit obvious - a collection of buttons! It's also a collection of my shot cottons (35 in all). I wanted the finished quilt to look like a piece of modern art! Some of the buttons have been passed down from my grandmother and my mother. The edging was something new - a binding method from andsewitgoes blog. It was also an interesting exercise getting the quilt to the correct size. I measured accurately but must have stitched with a slightly smaller than 1/4 inch seam allowance - therefore the quilt is a bit bigger than 12 x 9!! And I've learnt how to crop the photo!