Sunday, November 28, 2010

"my collection: favourite fabrics" by margie may

For Helen I made a shadow box in which to display fabrics from my collection.  Some of my favourites fabrics and designers are Itaya Naomi from Japan, Kaffe Fassett, Souleiado from France, Liberty of London, Alexander Henry; and I love stripes and spots.
Apart from fabric I’m not a serious collector of anything in particular – a bit of a bower bird. I have drawers of buttons and ribbons and lace and pieces of needlework that I might do something with one day – haven’t we all! I recently discovered a shop in Castlemaine called “habadash” [‘vintage, antique buttons, bits and bobs’] – a seriously dangerous shop to enter! - but if you happen to be passing by highly recommended. http://www.habadash.com.au/
Happy collecting, Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment